daysleeper

Discussion in 'Birds' started by keirin, May 1, 2007.

1. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
  2. Wonderful closeup!

3. Wow! How utterly beautiful! Congratulations.

Alan

4. Beautiful close up shot.

Louie

5. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Very, very good!

6. What a beauty, WOW!!

7. Beautiful shot - having a snooze in the warm spring air - I can relate! Looks like you're gaining his confidence fast and furious - baby owl pics in the future!!!! :smile:

8. Wonderful!

9. Totally beautiful! Keep em comin! I have yet to see an owl except in a zoo or rehab.

10. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Oh man that soft lighting coming from the side is spectacular! Killer image!

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What a great shot

12. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Sincere thanks to you all. A passing cloud provided some needed relief from the tough lighting usually in place (Florida's sunshine can be a curse occasionally) at the times when I typically find my owl off its nest.

[​IMG]

13. Numael

Numael

May 16, 2006
    Destin, FL
    This shot is superb!!!! Congrats!!!

14. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Thank you, Numael. I was awfully pleased when shutterbugs picked my snoozing sentry as a potd in their animal category today.

It's the second potd for this owl (I'm almost certain this is the same bird that roosted in this tree last spring). It seems that without it, any photographic aspirations I might have would be dashed.

15. Great photo! Absolutely beautiful!

16. Beautiful closeup and detail! The 300vr plus tc?

17. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Thank you, Phil.

Thank you, David. I think all the pix in this thread were taken with the 300 f/4 AFS with a 1.4E II tc. The better of the two infrared photos of this owl that I posted in the Cafe's Nightstalkers & Alchemists Forum was done with a 70-200VR (no extender).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.