Daytona Sunset Orange

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Steve S, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Spent about an hr taking pics early this morning, and this was the best one. Lots of PP here, darkening the pavement, blurring the background more, and cloning out a tall tree top. Could you tell if I hadn't said anything?

Model NIKON D70
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 46 mm
    Exposure Time 1/2500 sec
    Aperture f/7.1
    ISO Equivalent 400
    Exposure Bias -1 2/3
    White Balance sunny -3
    Metering Mode center weighted (
    Exposure Program aperture priority

RAURICK Guest

Beautiful color. Love the car and your shot!
  3. No, I couldn't tell. Beautiful pic!
  4. Nope! Great shot.
  5. You shouldn't have told us..................we'd have just thought you landed the perfect sunset shot of a really beautiful ride!:biggrin:
  6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Randy! I used the handed down to my son's D70+"his" Sigma 28-70 2.8.

Thanks Sabina!

Thanks Anthony! Amazing what you can get if you take 100 shots!

Thanks Chris, but that's actually the name of the color; Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. Now this is the perfect sunset:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2007
  7. Ya cudda fooled me! The first shot looked as if you had a beautiful sunset at your back. That's a beautiful color, for sure.
  8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Sunset, sunrise, hard to tell

I'm not sure if anyone can tell if a particular shot was done at sunset or sunrise. In looking at the exif on this one, I see it was taken at 7:22am. Thanks again for the kind words!
  9. I made my living shooting landscape photoraphy for 27 years (long ago retired from that) and have typically found the colors of the subject much warmer at sunset, and even at sunrise. It's not really all that hard to spot.