DC lenses

Could someone give me a brief explanation of how a DC (defocus control) lens works?

Are you literally moving the DOF forward and back with that extra control?

Real Name
Chris
Yeah, thanks for that link Paul, I hadn't seen it before. One of our new members Wilt, has a 135DC and uses it quite well... Oh yeah, I see you were posting on his thread at the same time I was... ;)

It's a very interesting lens, and of course I want one. Do you know of any reference that explains what elements move to produce the DC effect? Just curious you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris was almost correct. I have the 105/2 DC and love it, but I'm not sure I use it well yet.

Sharp wide open and nice character as well. The 50/1.4 and 105/2 have become my two main lenses or portraiture.

Real Name
Chris
Charles, of course I meant Wilk not Wilt. And I also meant this thread not not the one we're reading now. That's what I get for posting way past my bed time!

BTW, do you use the DC function of your lens?

Chris101 said:
Charles, of course I meant Wilk not Wilt. And I also meant this thread not not the one we're reading now. That's what I get for posting way past my bed time!

BTW, do you use the DC function of your lens?
No problem. I know all about being up past ones bedtime. Sleepy brains never work well. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom