DC lenses

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Beezle, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Could someone give me a brief explanation of how a DC (defocus control) lens works?

Are you literally moving the DOF forward and back with that extra control?

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
  3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Thanks for the links. Nice to know how these lenses work.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, thanks for that link Paul, I hadn't seen it before. One of our new members Wilt, has a 135DC and uses it quite well... Oh yeah, I see you were posting on his thread at the same time I was... ;)

It's a very interesting lens, and of course I want one. Do you know of any reference that explains what elements move to produce the DC effect? Just curious you know.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Chris was almost correct. I have the 105/2 DC and love it, but I'm not sure I use it well yet.

Sharp wide open and nice character as well. The 50/1.4 and 105/2 have become my two main lenses or portraiture.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Charles, of course I meant Wilk not Wilt. And I also meant this thread not not the one we're reading now. That's what I get for posting way past my bed time!

BTW, do you use the DC function of your lens?

8. Beezle (real name ??)

Look at this site : http://www.pbase.com/dievee has some great samples done with the 105 dc

greatings from holland

alex

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No problem. I know all about being up past ones bedtime. Sleepy brains never work well. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.