1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dead Horse Canyon Dawn

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Dead Horse Canyon is a state park almost adjacent to the north end of Canyonlands National Park. It's one of those places where the Colorado River makes a "U". It's part of photo trips to Arches and Canyonlands. This is a shot I took at dawn. I've just given it a levels adjustment which brightened the colors and did some USM.

77122326.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike

2. Beautiful shot Mike, I know that place. Your shot is really nice with excellent color and sharpness.

3. I like that one a lot.

4. Very nice. Not too much haze. I like it.

5. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    yes, that`s lovely, very nice colours...and your eye just seems to keep following the path of the canyon....

kris

6. this is outstanding Mike! That would make a beautiful print

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Quite beautiful

8. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gordon, Fuss, Alex, Kris, Dave and Gale,

Thank you all for your very nice comments.

One of the best things about landscape photography as a hobby is that I get to actually visit all of these great places. Back at the computer I try to generate in the images the same feeling of wonderment that I had when I was there taking the shots.

9. That's beautiful. Very well done. And congrats on getting up early!

10. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks for the nice comment. About the time, it's not very difficult just after the vernal equinox coupled with still being on central time in the mountain time zone.

Mike

11. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Wow. Nice colors. Good work.

12. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Jay,
    Thanks for the nice comment.
    Mike

13. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Well done MIke! Great colors in the striations - wish I loved closer to the SW.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.