1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dead tree hill .

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Desmond, Jul 20, 2008.

1. That's what I call it anyway . It's my 'back yard' , I rent a house that's on the edge of a farm and have wanted to climb this hill for a while and since I've had the flu for a week and things are clearing up a bit [ in my head that is ] I decided to do a walk up the hill since I am going nuts cooped up indoors all day !
    The clouds were closing in a bit when i started up the road .

dthill013.
    NIKON D40    ---    19mm    f/5.6    1/40s    ISO 200

and it took about half an hour to get to this stage , I never took many pictures on the way up because it started to rain , then it started to hail and I had to hide the D40 under my jacket .

dthill017.
    NIKON D40    ---    26mm    f/5.0    1/250s    ISO 200

And 40 minutes in total I end up by the dead tree that marks the end of his property ...

dthill023.
    NIKON D40    ---    40mm    f/5.0    1/250s    ISO 200

The harbour is in the background .

dthill029.
    NIKON D40    ---    55mm    f/7.1    1/160s    ISO 200

There were a few of these growing up there .

dthill036.
    NIKON D40    ---    55mm    f/7.1    1/125s    ISO 200

I think a buffallo ran past this tree and left its horns behind .

dthill055.
    NIKON D40    ---    48mm    f/5.6    1/40s    ISO 200

Anyway , it was a good walk and helped to get some air into my lungs again .

2. Beautiful. One of the many places I'd like to visit one day.

3. I've only ever known South Africa and new Zealand , over here the scenery is much closer together and much greener .

dthill058.
    NIKON D40    ---    18mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 200

4. Hi Desmond,

I like the landscapes like to have such a backyard.

regards arthur

5. We're a bit spoiled in this country , many people who have lived here all their lives don't appreciate what they really have .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.