Dealing with an Ebay Return?

Just got my camera back, thoroughly inspected it, and I'm still scratching my head what was up this guy's #2 chute? I swear this camera is every bit as clean as I described it! I even swabbed the battery compartment with moist q-tips to make sure it was dust free! I paid my Ebay sale fee prior to the return request, I'll be majorly pissed if Ebay won't refund me the sale fee.

Did you or paypal already refunded the buyer? You should automatically be credited after buyer gets the refund. Read: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/credits.html

I wish I had the money to buy it from you now. I could use a backup camera and the D3 fits my needs very well.

I wish I could keep it as well, but I think there would be too much redundancy with the the D3 and D3S. Though I do have a split image focus screen that I could put in it and use it for my MF glass! :D

I'll buy, but no longer sell on ebay. Last time I listed camera equipment all I got were scammer bids. I've had great experiences buying and selling here.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Now that you have the camera back, make sure to shoot some frames to make sure it is working correctly.

Then allow the refund and move on. JMHO....

Now that you have the camera back, make sure to shoot some frames to make sure it is working correctly.

Then allow the refund and move on. JMHO....

You're right...I'm just lucky I didn't receive a box with a brick! That will probably be my last transaction on EBay as a seller though! What a major PITA!

I can relate, Jonathan. I've done a lot of buying/selling on eBay, including selling a Sony NEX 7 that turned out to be a similar situation as yours. That NEX 7 had very low mileage, and generally in excellent shape except for two tiny scrapes that I had to work hard to even show in photographs. My description clearly called out those two tiny flaws, and photographs showing them were included. A guy bought it, then started the return process while describing the condition as "HORRIBLE!!" (sic). To this day I don't know what he was talking about, as my photographs of the camera clearly showed otherwise - pristine aside from the two tiny flaws. In the end, I decided to quickly refund and move on, as this guy clearly was going to be a problem no matter what. I re-listed it, and the next buyer just loved it. Sigh. I often wish there was a good online alternative for selling gear, but haven't found it yet. eBay seems to have become very seller-unfriendly, IMO.

Real Name
David
I've had good luck on Amazon. I even made money on the 4 of the last 5 things I sold. I picked up 2 converters and 2 lenses, all were fine, but I really just didn't need them. Sold them on Amazon and made $5-$20 on each after shipping and fees. Not sure I'd try and sell something over $500-$600 there, but it's seem fine for smaller stuff.

I hope you have the serial number of the camera. I had a friend sell an item, only to have the seller make the same claims as were made against you. The item that was returned had a different serial number (and was in far worse condition) than the one my friend sold. Fortunately, my friend had photos of the item to prove his case, but it still took almost two months to get things sorted out.

^^^This... from the get go my first thought was the buyer was scamming you. I've only had 1 not so great experience on ebay, I should have sent the lens back but it was priced right and I just sucked it up and had it repaired on my dime. If the repair was $30 or $40 less than it was I would have broken even as compared to the prices of other lenses I was finding on ebay. So, for $30 I have a lens that has been gone through by APS and is in like-new condition for me to use. I make sure I #1 take a screenshot of the lens I'm buying so I can compare serial numbers when I receive it and I have the picture from the original posting and not have to rely on the seller NOT changing out the picture after I've won the bidding. Good luck with your dilemma.

I've had good luck on Amazon. I even made money on the 4 of the last 5 things I sold. I picked up 2 converters and 2 lenses, all were fine, but I really just didn't need them. Sold them on Amazon and made $5-$20 on each after shipping and fees. Not sure I'd try and sell something over $500-$600 there, but it's seem fine for smaller stuff.

Me too - Amazon works very nicely for me. I use Amazon for expensive gear, a couple of years ago I sold some Canon L glass there and it went very well. I try Craigslist for the less expensive stuff, works well but can be a real PIA.

open it at the post office and accept any loss. Bay is now a buyers paradise. Pray that he did not add to any wear and tear.

Latest threads

Top Bottom