Death Valley Revisit

Last night I went back through some of my old files from a Death Valley trip back in December of last year. I stumbled across this image that I liked a lot more now than then. I thought I'd process it through and show here. Enjoy.

God Bless,
David

D2xs and 20mm
i-zM7B7ZP-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice! Glad you went back through your shots! Foreground texture and shadow/highlight contrast is very nice.

what an awesome shot

Thank you for looking and commenting.

I can see why you like it ...
beauty David ...

ron

Many thanks Ron. I am glad I could go back and look through some older shots and see them with new eyes.

Nice! Glad you went back through your shots! Foreground texture and shadow/highlight contrast is very nice.

Thank you Karen. It was fun to look at this one and notice the textures again.

God Bless,
David

Those are some crazy cool shadows, David! There is quite a lot to look at and enjoy in that picture... was this with your D2X or the D1?

Those shadows are epic. Good work!

Tim

Many thanks Tim.

Great shot :biggrin:

Thank you Al.

Those are some crazy cool shadows, David! There is quite a lot to look at and enjoy in that picture... was this with your D2X or the D1?

Thanks Shaun. This was taken with the D2x.

While this is a nice B&W shot, that midground just seems way too dark to me on the two computers i have looked at it with...

Thanks Eric. I tried to lighten the midground shadow last night. I just didn't like how it turned out. I'll PM you later.

God Bless,
David

Now that's what I was looking for. I really love the drama in the contrast in the dunes. When I was there it was too hot to venture to deep into the sand. (106) It was unusually hot for May.

Love it!

Laurie

Awesome shot, love the black and white conversion!

Thank you Kenny.

Now that's what I was looking for. I really love the drama in the contrast in the dunes. When I was there it was too hot to venture to deep into the sand. (106) It was unusually hot for May.

Love it!

Laurie

Thank you Laurie. December is a better time to go there. It is cooler, about 60-70 then on the dunes.

God Bless,
David

A beautiful shot although I agree the huge shadow in the middle is a tad dark and needs some detail put back in. The tones and shapes otherwise are great and suite the conversion nicely.

That jus plain rocks! Great shot.

Very nice shot, congrats>
Cheers

A beautiful shot although I agree the huge shadow in the middle is a tad dark and needs some detail put back in. The tones and shapes otherwise are great and suite the conversion nicely.

Many thanks again. As for the shadow, I will see what I can do with that. I hope to bring back a little more detail after shooting around the Channel Islands.

God Bless,
David

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom