Death Valley - The Dunes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JamesMor, Apr 7, 2007.

1. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Everyone,

My wife and I just got back from an 11 day tour of California and Nevada. 4 days in Pasadena, 4 days in Las Vegas and 3 days in Death Valley. These are a couple of shots from my trip to Death Valley. The weather was perfect - but it was very hot (for me, at least). I will be working on an article of the trip, but it won't get posted for another couple of weeks, so I figured I would share some stuff early. :)

Cheers
    James

_MG_8972-001_w.

_MG_8945-001_w.

2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    James,
    Excellent shots. Great use of color. Nice composition, especially on the 2nd one.
    Mike

3. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    I love the contrast. Did it really look that way, especially the 2nd one?

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very striking photos. I can't wait to see more!

5. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hi Masa,

Yes, it did look this way...at least mostly. I generally don't play with my photographs in photoshop that much. While I have no problem playing with light compensation and compressing the curves a bit, I think it goes against the grain of what I do to play too much with the files (not that I have a problem with others who do it...just not for what I do).

James

6. Great images James. I would love to read the story when done.:smile: