Death Valley wildflowers

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JC, Mar 22, 2005.

1. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    It was a windy day Sunday, but that only added to the effect of an sea of yellow. Here are a couple with a D2x.

Joel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have never seen so many daisies.. Wow. Nice view.

Than You for sharing.

Gale

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Awesome Joel!!

Frank

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Guess I picked the wrong year to give up my SW vacation.......
    (based on the movie "Airplane")

5. My goodness! And such a place is called Death Valley?
    This splendour probably lasts only for a short time, right?

6. Wonderous Wildflower Display!

Boy, I've been waiting for some posts from Death Valley. The wildflowers are supposed to be spectacular this year because of all the rains. That second photo really shows that. It's out of this world! I hope you've got more you'll be sharing!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. Hey Joe, KSL TV had eight views from Death Valley on their 10:00 PM news this past week. They said that this was the most prolific wildflower season in Death Valley since the 60's. I don't know why I didn't take a drive down that way as well since it is only about 6 hrs. Thanks for sharing your images.

8. Joel,

I really enjoy #1 picture. Coloration and contrast between yellow and blue is excellent. I'm not too crazy about composition - placement of the flower. It splits the picture right in the middle.

9. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I've been tossing around the idea of going there for the flowers. There are a few from the Bay Area going this weekend, and hopefully they bring back some great shots.

I look forward to seeing more.

Dave

10. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Jay,

I know what you're saying about the composition, and I've thought about cropping it a bit to get the flower over more to the right. But overall, I'm OK with it here, though I'd be hard pressed to say why this composition doesn't bother me when it would in other places. I think it may be the angle of the flower reaching up and the general balance of the photo. I"ll try the crop and see.

Thanks.

Joel