Death Valley wildflowers

JC

It was a windy day Sunday, but that only added to the effect of an sea of yellow. Here are a couple with a D2x.

Joel

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Guess I picked the wrong year to give up my SW vacation.......
(based on the movie "Airplane")

Wonderous Wildflower Display!

Boy, I've been waiting for some posts from Death Valley. The wildflowers are supposed to be spectacular this year because of all the rains. That second photo really shows that. It's out of this world! I hope you've got more you'll be sharing!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Hey Joe, KSL TV had eight views from Death Valley on their 10:00 PM news this past week. They said that this was the most prolific wildflower season in Death Valley since the 60's. I don't know why I didn't take a drive down that way as well since it is only about 6 hrs. Thanks for sharing your images.

Joel,

I really enjoy #1 picture. Coloration and contrast between yellow and blue is excellent. I'm not too crazy about composition - placement of the flower. It splits the picture right in the middle.

I've been tossing around the idea of going there for the flowers. There are a few from the Bay Area going this weekend, and hopefully they bring back some great shots.

I look forward to seeing more.

Dave

JC

Jay Luto said:
Joel,

I really enjoy #1 picture. Coloration and contrast between yellow and blue is excellent. I'm not too crazy about composition - placement of the flower. It splits the picture right in the middle.
Jay,

I know what you're saying about the composition, and I've thought about cropping it a bit to get the flower over more to the right. But overall, I'm OK with it here, though I'd be hard pressed to say why this composition doesn't bother me when it would in other places. I think it may be the angle of the flower reaching up and the general balance of the photo. I"ll try the crop and see.

Thanks.

Joel

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom