Death Valley

I was just looking through some old photos. It made me think about how much I've missed traveling over this past year and how I really need to get back to Death Valley. This image was captured with my Nikon D700 back in 2010!

I'm looking forward to a better year of photography in 2021!

Salt Pans.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
That is really a superb image, Glenn. It reminds me how much I enjoyed shooting there....and want to return!

That is really a superb image, Glenn. It reminds me how much I enjoyed shooting there....and want to return!
Thanks Karen...it is an awesome place. I captured this image four years before Death Valley became a national park!
WOW! Such great light and color! Unfortunately, the one time I was there the light was so diffuse there was no definition in the patterns on the ground.
Thanks Mike...I still remember the morning I captured this image. It was freezing in Death Valley on a December morning.
wow.
Another keeper.
Thanks for sharing, I love looking at great images.
gary
Thank you, Gary...much appreciated
Yes...when I first processed this image ten years ago, I set the white balance by looking at the salty foreground. The lake bed was white. The image lacked the impact that I had hoped for. When I went back to revisit the image today, it turned much pinker!
This one is great!
Thanks Daniel
Thank you, Randy

Glenn

Real Name
Ken St John
Beautiful image. I have not been there before; perhaps I'll consider it on a future trip!!

In addition to underscoring your immense talent, it also shows that the D700 was a great camera and with our better software tools today, there's a lot of life left in those pixels!!

Ken

Beautiful image. I have not been there before; perhaps I'll consider it on a future trip!!

In addition to underscoring your immense talent, it also shows that the D700 was a great camera and with our better software tools today, there's a lot of life left in those pixels!!

Ken
Thanks Ken...Death Valley is a photographer’s paradise.

I very much enjoyed the D700. Although, I am enjoying the D850 even more!

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom