December in New York City (large pics)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Dec 6, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    While still waiting for my D200 to come in, my good ole D100 is still getting a workout. Some recent snapshots from NYC

The First Snow of Winter - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Wollman Rink in Central Park - nikkor 35-70 - 5 image panorama
    original.

Central Park South - nikkor 35-70 - 3 row 12 image panorama
    original.

The Pond - nikkor 35-70 - 5 image panorama
    original.

The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center - nikkor 12-24
    original.

The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center 2 - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Windows on 5th Avenue 1 - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Windows on 5th Avenue 2 - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Windows on 5th Avenue 3 - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Windows on 5th Avenue 4 - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Regards

RFC

2. Beautiful photos, Robert.

3. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Terrific images all Robert, with "the pond" being my favorite. What software do you use for your panos?

4. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Very slick pictures - I esp. like fiirst and last images.

I always enjoy viewing your work Robert, these compositions are further testiment to your skills.

Whilst viewing these, I had the funny impression of you out taking these whilst you had a shop selling these as enlargements - how close was I ?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robert,
    Another fantastic set of images.
    The second one is picture perfect post card (poster) painting perfect.

All very delightful

6. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Beautiful pictures. My favorite is #2. However, #2 also gives proof that Americans are cloning :eek: : See the two ladies on the bottom right - they have been cloned.

7. Nice series! I really like the "window" shots - it's different and verny nicely done.

8. Amazing images -and D100 workout- Robert...

I think you're the official LandscapeStitcher of the cafe :wink:

9. Fabulous :smile:

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Superlatives cannot accurately describe how great these images are, Robert. Your captures always amaze me! :Shocked:

11. Wonderful series Robert. They are all nice but the last one is my favorite. The angle of the shot and the lighting are superb.

12. All are just wonderful but the first one for me is amazing! Great compusre, exposure and amazing dynamic range, oohh sharp as well! A dandy, I sent on to my NY obsessed 13 year old stepdaughter.... She only gets the best :)

13. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Very nice! We are going to take a trip to NYC in the spring time I think. I have always wanted to go, and now your pictures are making me want to go now. (Except for the cold weather)

14. Very nice. Thanks for showing me your view of NYC. Beautiful imagery.

15. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Robert,an excellent series again.You've given me a whole new appreciation for New York city.Somehow I never pictured it so nice.

16. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    wonderful!!

The window shots...very nice lustre/light. Did you polarize any of them?
    Regards,
    Robert

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thank you for your comments

Hi Phil, RForshey, Simon, Gale, Heiko, Frits, Panos, MGlennn, Eng45ine, Greyflash, Andreasb, Stef, SilverEagle, PIxelpete, & Robert:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. NYC is awash with colors and lights for the holiday season.

As to RForshey's question of software, I used PTgui which I highly recommend. It is superior to realviz stitcher and also inexpensive.

Simon I was shopping but I have never sold any of my work. I had some feelers but decided not to pursue them. I do photography for personal enjoyment, I always wanted to be an art major :).

Heiko, I think I will have to start to clone out some of those duplicate people. I am still trying to finalize my post processing techniques for panos :).

Robert, I did not use any polarizer for the window shots. I just angled my compositions to hide as best as possible the street reflections. The high saturation of those images comes from post processing and the characteristics of the lens, 12-24DX.

Well I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season to you and your families! The NikonCafe has really grown over the past year and has become a nice warm family.

Regards

RFC