Decent and cheap negative scanning service?

I have a friend (non photog) who is looking to have all of her negatives scanned. Just family pictures etc. She had asked about negative scanners but I know the perils of scanning negatives and I'm trying to steer her away from that.

Can anyone recommend an outside service that does decent work for a reasonable price? She's not looking for drum scans here, just acceptable backups of her snapshots.

I got my mom this for xmas to scan all of my grandparents old slide negatives. While its not the greatest scanner in the world, its cheap and fast and does an adequate job for backups.

I actually have used digmypics.com and they do a pretty decent job. Located in the Phoenix area and everything is done in house in their plant in Phoenix.

Scancafe which is based in Burlingame, CA near San Francisco send all of your images over to Bangalore, India for scanning and then shipped back.

ScanCafe uses Nikon Coolscan 9000 machines so she'll end up with sharp, clean (DigitalIce) scans. They'll be good enough quality for her to make a photobook if she wants.

Latest threads

Top Bottom