1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Decent camera bag for 2 bodies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williadw, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Anyone know of a decent camera bag that would hold 2 bodies.. like a D700 and D5000 and about 5 lenses?

The largest lens in this bag would be a 70-300 and the bodies would have lenses attached to each in the bag + 3 more lenses in the bag.

Thanks!
    Don

2. Average Joe

Average Joe

May 19, 2009
    here
    have a look at kata 3n1-30 :) 

3. Check out the Tamrac Pro 12. I have a D300 gripped and a D70 Gripped, plus 5 lenses a SB-800. Hoodman loup and a lot more in it.

4. NYracefan

NYracefan

Nov 19, 2008
    Highland,NY
    That Pro 12, looks like a nice bag...but it does not seem to have the built in raincoat like the Lowepro bags have, which to me is an important feature.

5. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I've found that if you align the pockets right that you can squeeze a D40 class body with a mid-sized or smaller lens attached right into a slightly oversized lens pocket! :biggrin:

At the beach I had my D200 with 17-55 attached in the central section of a ThinkTank Speed Freak bag, and then a D40 with a 70-300vr in the side pocket section. That worked out great. Might have to rearrange stuff a bit or shift things over, but just about anything will work.

I do have a Tamrac 5612 Pro 12 bag that I'm going to sell soon that works great too. I'm replacing it with a Pelican case since I never end up taking that bag out and it won't fit all my stuff anyways.

6. roger1011

roger1011

May 22, 2009
    United States
    They are a bit more on the pricey side but the Lowepro Trekker bags are great.

7. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    Can't stop, to recommend the Crumpler Brazzillion Dollar Home, which I use everyday.
    That thing is indestructable, takes everything, you need to transport comfortably and is very nice to neck and shoulders.

8. How about a Lowepro Nova 5. I still use individual lens bags, so this top loader camera bag works well for me, plus it is about $35/50 on EBay. I carry a D300/200, 12/24--60--18/200--50--30, set of tubes, Micro diopter and SB800.

9. Two Bodies plus Lenses in a Backpack?

Not to steal this thread, but I'm also looking for a backpack-style bag which will hold 2 bodies with lenses attached - a D300 with 17-55/2.8 and a D80 with 70-300VR. It would also need to hold 2-3 more smaller lenses (see my line-up in my sig). The usual pockets for filters, memory cards, and a Nikon DR-6 right-angle viewer would also be required.

Note that I'm not looking for something to take on an airplane. This would be used for hiking into the woods, so I'm looking to minimize weight (to the extent possible) as well.

I've looked at the LowePro Photo Trekker AW II, and it looks like it might fit the bill, but might be a bit heavy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Trekker, or perhaps another recommendation for me to check out?

Thanks!

10. ditto on the Pro 12, I can fit both my D300/200 plus some glass or one DSLR and a realfilm 35MM with ease :biggrin:

11. XJBaylor

XJBaylor

Dec 3, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If you are going to spend time hiking with it just make sure that it carries well once it is loaded. A lot of bags feel like they would be very sturdy empty, but their shape quickly breaks down once they are loaded. I have the computrekker and it has held up better than I expected. I assume that if the Phototrekker has a comfortable harness it would make a good bag.

12. Kelvin

Kelvin

Sep 3, 2009
    Exton PA
    Lowepro Magnum AW Camera Bag (Black) for me it works. Not much of a backpack guy.They also have one slightly bigger.

Technical Details

* Magnum AW Capacity: 2 pro SLRs with attached lenses, 4¿5 additional lenses, pro flash and accessories
    * Includes a removable see-through FilmPack, detachable Pro AW Side Pockets for accessories, and an ultra-durable padded shoulder strap.
    * Camera compartment is fully customizable for your SLR or Camcorder system, with adjustable and removable padded dividers.
    * Lowepro's patented All Weather cover to protect bag and contents from extreme weather, sand, dirt, etc.
    * SlipLock attachment slots allow you to attach additional Lowepro accessories and pouches to the Commercial AW.

Kelvin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.