Decision taken !

Hello everyone

as some of you might have read in the past week, I've been torn in a very strange choice lately, which included two very different cameras I hadn't ever thought possible of. D750 and D500. This was NOT only a "OLD" (!) vs "NEW" but also a FF / FX vs DX. Had you ever thought possible a reverse "step up" (if ever) from FX to DX ?

It's at least 15 yrs we all rave and lust for the newest and super - duper FX because of the better iso, performances, viewfinder etc. and yes, that's good since we arrived to have the D5, the D810, the excellent D750.. a lot of improvements have been done because people asked for it.

Lately a few D500 high iso shots spread over the net and people started wondering if they were good or fake. Aside from that, the D500 (hoping no other hassle bothers us) is on paper an extremely capable camera, thus despite the many doubts, I decided to take the plunge and a D500 will be on order very shortly. Over here I found an offer "I can't refuse" D500+16-80+150-600 Tamron + trade in of D600 and some old mf lenses (not Zeiss!) I rounded everything for 2999 € - I have already preordered a Lexar XQD 32 GB 2933x

I honestly think that in the future iso will become less and less relevant and the difference between DX and FF will diminish remarkably. The only two things that will remain unchanged will be format (of course) and price. If a D500 now costs 2200$/€ I don't even want to think how much the next FF will be.

Bottom line, I think that from now on - I'll stick with DX. lighter, cheaper and good enough for what I need.

Hello everyone

Bottom line, I think that from now on - I'll stick with DX. lighter, cheaper and good enough for what I need.

Right up until such time as you find something ELSE you need, just like the rest of us!

Congrats, sometimes the toughest thing is finally making the choice, and then not second-guessing yourself.

I have a D500 on order as well but will still keep the D810. The long and short (wide) bodies. of course this is until something ELSE is better :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: missed the D7200 that I sold too soon waiting on the D500 so two bodies will be the long term plan.

Ps to my EU fellows, it seems that we'll have to wait for a while.. Amazon UK and Amazon Germany estimate the dispatching of D500 is within 1 to 3/4 MONTHS and Amazon IT doesn't even know what a D500 is yet... Go figure !

http://www.amazon.de/Nikon-Spiegelr...TF8&qid=1461146792&sr=8-1&keywords=Nikon+D500

I had hoped this would not happen. I really did. I had some nice ideas, but will now have to wait.
In compensation, I believe Nikon should now drop the price to 1999 Euro :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom