1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Declan's day

Discussion in 'People' started by the_traveler, Jul 24, 2008.

1. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    Manhattan, NY
    Lewis Lorton
    Living in a big old house with 3 older siblings and a nanny who adore him, Declan's every day is filled with wonder and adventure.

A continuation of https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179770

shaking_DSC942605025.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

drinking_DSC945205051.jpg

looking_DSC939804997.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Lew
    great thread
    that LAST image... priceless

3. Wonder and adventure, the last image show that. Well done.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Lew Lew Lew...wow that first one is just awesome. How you have motion in one and no motion in the other. Goodness...you are on a roll buddy! Love it absolutely LOVE IT!

5. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    Manhattan, NY
    Lewis Lorton
    Thanks for all compliments/comments
    these are my grandchildren and, IMO, quite beautiful kids and I love to spend time with them

6. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    My favorite out of the 3 links. After scrolling through them, I found myself smiling because I was imagining Declan wandering the house and yard in his own little world, exploring things. Maybe I have an active imagination, but that's what this series portrayed to me. His face in #1 and #3 just has a look of wonder and happiness on it.

The siding in the first shot seemed to me like it gave his skin a greenish hue, but not enough to really detract from the shot.

On #2, the only thing I would like to see differently is to have the adult step back out of the foreground.

#3 looks perfect to me as-is.

7. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    Manhattan, NY
    Lewis Lorton
    Thanks, this is exactly how I hoped people would react.
    I believe that good pictures should evoke something in the viewer that extends outside the frame.

I love the last one also - but of course I would be expected to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.