Deer / 1st Post

Discussion in 'Birds' started by lr1811, Jul 11, 2005.

1. focal length 70mm (!)

[​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shot for your first post. Welcome to the Cafe!! I second Paul's request. If you have been looking at the Cafe, you know that we are a friendly bunch that likes to be on a first name basis with each other. And, we like to get to know each other.

In any case, we look forward to more shots like these. :wink:

4. Great shot wow so close great detial look forward to many more of your posts

5. Hi Brian, you started off with a bang. Nice image

6. Great shot, what is it with all these forum members with wildlife in their backyard. LOL Nicely done, close enough to reach out and pet her!!! Welcome to the cafe........

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful shot! Glad to have you in the Cafe! I look forward to seeing more of your posts from Little Rock - my home for about 15 years in the 70s-80s.

8. Thanks for the replies!

I just posted my new member introduction and also added my name to the signature.

The picture was taken in Gentry, AR at the "Wild Wilderness Safari Drive Thru". We had a great time! We brought bread for the animals and they loved us, lol. Here is one from my car...

[​IMG]

9. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to the forum Brian. That first shot is really nice, you did a good job of isolating the subject and preventing anything from creeping into the frame that would give away the controlled environment.

It's interesting what a difference the environment makes as far as how approachable deer are. When hiking I'm often amazed at how much closer you can get when in a park where hunting is never allowed as opposed to lands that allow hunting certain parts of the year.

10. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    That is an excellent introductory image. I have never managed to get so close to deer.

11. Great first post, Brian. Welcome to the Cafe.