Deer int he Shadows.......Hurricane Ridge.....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Excellent lighting and exposure. These images are great Bill. Finding the right light is what it is all about.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Me too Bill. Backlighting can be a pain, or can add that special touch. I think the latter in these shots.... :wink:.

Frank

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Tremendous light effect in these photos
    Great work I like them alot.

4. Very nice

Love the backlighting and the deer is one of my favorite animals to shoot

5. Thanks, folks, and I agree, the lighting was just grand. This was a funny day. Went out with a bunch of folks to the Olympic Penninsula to a place where I hoped to find some good birds and animals, and found basically zip. Went up to this spot and the Landscape folks were in hog heaven :wink: . I decided to take a short walk and this is what I found. Ran back, tough for an old guy with that much gear :lol: , to get my wife because she would have killed me if I had come back with these shots and not told her. Luckily she was in the parking lot and not at home :wink: . It was a good thing, as she was able to help quiet and direct other people coming up the trail. We were by this dear for well over 30 minutes. Kept hoping she would turn all the way around.

I really wish I could find this kind of light all the time.