Deer Valley Downhill mountain bike race photos.

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Shepherd Wong, Jun 16, 2007.

1. D200, all but the first are with the Sigma 10-20. First is with a Sigma 70-200.
    A few biffs. Everyone was fine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A near biff.
    [​IMG]
    :eek:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some non-biffs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rest of the gallery is here if you're interested!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. One word.... Excellent..!!:smile:

3. Sweet, I like the profile shots but would love to see a low straight on perspective as well.

4. Thanks, I was just fooling around with my new 10-20, which would make for some dangerous head on shots. That was just Practice. I'm going up there today and tomorrow to take some more shots. I'm going to try to get some more variety.
    :biggrin:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, now that looks dangerous. But probably fantastic to shoot. I'll be watching for more from you in the future.

6. Shepard

GREAT pics..................... especially the last one. I like how the rider is sharp and everything else blurred-out. Fine shot!!

Regards
    JohnG

7. Nikhe

Nikhe

Oct 8, 2006
    Sweden
    Very good photos with some really nice action.
    I really like the last one where it looks like looong way down to the landing.

The Sigma 10-20 is relly fun to use for theese kinds of photos, I´ve used it for shooting Supermoto and with some training and a good monopod there could be some interesting photos in the future.

8. e30mike

e30mike Guest

Great use of the wide angle, nice shots!

9. WOW! These are some amazing shots! I love the Utah outdoors!

10. You must have been pretty close to get those with a 10-20! Great shots. BTW, do the riders object to flash photos being taken? I would think it would be distracting and break their concentration on the terrain.

11. Thanks, I was pretty close, couple of feet at times. As a racer also, you don't even notice the flash, too focused on riding the terrain.