Share Defective Sony XQD card

Real Name
John M.
I hate to prolong this discussion, but heck, why not. Card is genuine. It works - ie it will accept images. I won't be using it in case of failure and who knows where those broken pieces of plastic will end up. It is old in computer years, but Sony has a five year warranty and dismissed my complaint before I sent the picture of the damage. Point of failure due to use and stress -- any engineers at Sony? I am moving to CFExpress (ProGrade) and won't look back...

Real Name
John M.
A piece of plastic on one of my Sony XQD cards chipped off last week. I contacted Sony -- and after hunting down the receipt and answering a ton of questions -- I got a email response telling me it is not a defect, suck it up. Anyone else have this problem? Sounds like a good reason to avoid Sony products, but maybe I should just calm down. Thoughts, similar experiences?
View attachment 1682522
Now the second card has failed in the same way -- the broken chunk was lodged in the card slot and I was lucky to get it out. Sony=Sh*t. Just ordered a Lexar replacement.

Real Name
Andy
I am moving to CFExpress
Now the second card has failed in the same way
Ever since my similar issue with an XQD card, I have started handling all cards a lot more carefully. With my remaining XQD cards and two relatively new CFExpress cards (off-brand) there have been no further issues, and I'm counting on that to be the case for a long time. Perhaps one day a manufacturer will introduce a card that with an aluminum frame rather than a plastic one that can withstand greater use and abuse.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom