Deformed bird(s) -- Caution! Somewhat disturbing!

While at Gatorland last weekend, I saw something I've never seen before. I'm not sure if this is a deformity or some type of fungus or what. After reviewing my pictures, I noticed that I caught either the same bird with the ailment or possibly more than one bird suffer, but here's a flight shot of a tri color with the strange lump on his beak.

DeformedFlyingTri.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

While I was shooting the flamingos, I happened to notice this guy on the shoreline. I was really close along with my 300 + 1.4x so it's a rather closeup shot. Don't scroll if you're easily grossed out....

I'm kind of curious if anyone's ever seen anything like this. I felt bad for the guy....
DeformedTri.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good images keven.

that really is sad.

People are not taking very good care of our environment.

It is sad. Makes you wonder how this happens. You can see little lumps forming elsewhere on his face. This is still a juvenile as he still has a few wirey hairs on his head.

Kevin,
I was thinking you might want to take these pics to the local Bird folks. They may want to investigate.

Perhaps some invironmental causes that can be discovered and taken care of. Hopefuly.

You probably have local Audubon in your area. Do a google search and see if you can find it.

I'll keep thinking.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom