Delaware Ospreys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Aug 19, 2005.

1. I found a spot where the Ospreys flew by on there way out to fish in the early morning, I had the sweet light to my back and these guys cooperated nicely, taken over a few days all with the D2X and the 200-400 VR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #4 Little later in the Day
    [​IMG]
    #5 I was so mad I cut this guys Wings off but he just got a little too close :cry:
    [​IMG]

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    THat last one is nice even with the clipped wings. Dont you hate it when that happens ,especially when you see where a camera adjustment would have gotten all of it . Ive done that many times with horses and other things.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I was just getting over Osprey envy, now I have all over again :)
    Gotta find some again (well never really stopped :lol:)

Nice series you lucky ........... you :)

4. super shots Mike, guess I'm gonna have to hit Bear Point tomorrow morning to keep up with the big dogs here....

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good Stuff Mike,

Glad you are enjoying your vacation.

Look foward to more images.....

6. Yes it was as close as an Opsrey has ever gotten I am so bummed I cut off the wing

7. SOrry about that I will try to hold back in the future.

8. Thanks Gale I am home now :cry: but it was a great time

9. Oh Opsrey King I am sure with that portable blind of yours you will get some great shots

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey Mike,

I love these shots, they're all great. Hey, did you ever practice keeping your left hand on the *zoom* ring of the 200-400, then when it comes in too close, you simply zoom out? :wink: Reason for saying this, is I notice that clipped wing shot was taken a 400mm! :shock:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Neat shots Mike. So are you still glad that you got the 200-400 instead of the 300VR, or have you even had the chance to shoot enough with it yet?

12. Re: Hey Mike,

Steve
    You are absoultly right I choked under the pressure, I ususlaly haold my hand out at the base of the sun shield to help with my panning

13. Frank
    I really liek this lens I liek the versatility of the zoom and the extra reach it affords I sure do miss the extra stop of light but I figure bump up the ISO and expose right and the fstops are equal. I dont think I will regret gettign this lens it will cover a wide range of uses for me.

14. Great osprey flight shots, Mike. I especially like the lighting on the first two. Looks like you've found a neat spot to shoot from.

15. You found a flight path, you lucky dog. Nice light, nice image. My favorites are #1 and #3.

16. Great shots, they are so sharp I feel like I was watching them fly myself.

I took some Osprey shots last weekend...too crummy to post up that's for sure!

My favorites are 2 and 3!

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Marvelous shots Mike.