Delicate Arch

I pulled out an old photo I took in 2008 and did some new post processing on it. Thought it might be fun to give it a touch of Topaz Adjust. I would love to know if it gets a thumbs up or down.

I remember that it was brutal up there that late afternoon.....cold and so windy.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, you asked for it. Here is my original edit that I did three years ago. Don't ask me what I did because I can't remember. You can see that the topaz added more detail in the shadows.

Here is the original unedited photo straight out of the camera. Quite a difference. It was underexposed and really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terri,
I like it...could you post the original too so we can see the diiference? I bet it would look great on metalic paper.

Looks very nice--I would not have guessed that it was "treated" to a bit of Topaz, and to me that is a therapeutic treatment and good end point. It would be fun to see the original.

Looks like it could be straight out of the camera, a sign of nice processing by me. One wonders how such a structure stands in the face of a strong wind.

David

Looks real good. I am also curious to see the original to see what topaz added. Normally I don't see topaz photos look this natural. I never tried it but this photo makes me want to give it a go. I always see people do over the top stuff with topaz

Terri, I like the photo a lot, but I find the uneven color in the sky a bit distracting. Did that result from your processing?

This post is very timely. I was just sitting down to see if we can fit in a day at Arches on a western trip we're planning for May. Thanks for posting it!

The new one looks pretty close to the old edit, the reds appear to have a color shift in the newer version. Both are nice Terri.

Very nice image and from a perspective that I have not seen before. I hiked out to Delicate Arch several decades ago, back in my film days, and plan on hiking out again this May. I am attending the Moab Photo Symposium again this year and this is in my bucket list.

If anyone is interested in the symposium, I suspect they have slots open. It is a relatively inexpensive gathering, small and intimate, more like a photo club meeting, and a great learning experience. Last year there was rain, thunderstorms, and even snow one morning - perfect weather and location for a group of photographers.

Very nice image and from a perspective that I have not seen before. I hiked out to Delicate Arch several decades ago, back in my film days, and plan on hiking out again this May. I am attending the Moab Photo Symposium again this year and this is in my bucket list.

If anyone is interested in the symposium, I suspect they have slots open. It is a relatively inexpensive gathering, small and intimate, more like a photo club meeting, and a great learning experience. Last year there was rain, thunderstorms, and even snow one morning - perfect weather and location for a group of photographers.
Sounds like so much fun. Wish I could go..... Grandbaby No. 8 is due that weekend. Think I better stick around home.