1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Delicate

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Mike 2018-10-07--1140-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like the autumn feel here, Mike!
    A peaceful image!

3. Thanks, Bart! It's nice that your reaction is exactly the same as mine.

4. Cslucas34

Cslucas34

Oct 8, 2018
    Nice peaceful shot! The composition with the ground shape is very nice. Did you intentionally use vignette or is that a result of the lens?

5. Thank you also to Cslucas.

That effect is due to the natural light falling on the scene and to a slight vignette added during post-processing. I actually had to brighten the dark area in the top right corner because it was unattractively dark in the natural scene. I like the way that top right area mirrors the bottom left area but I only wanted a hint of the mirror effect.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lovely!

7. A real beauty Mike, there's a bit of calmness to the image.

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I echo other comments. What a beautiful and peaceful shot. I love it. Reminds me of some of John Sexton's work. His images had a very peaceful feel to them. Very nice image!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.