Dell 2405

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by voider, Dec 7, 2005.

1. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi,

I am looking for a 24" wide screen Monitor. At the moment I am tending towards the Dell 2405 mainly because of the price below $1000 and because of the good review.

Does anybody has any complaints about it, especially regarding Photoshop work?

Best regards,

Timur

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply. I will probably order one tomorrow. The offer from Dell at the moment is just hard to beat. I am sure that the Eizo is better but I guess it is not twice as good because it costs more than twice as much as the Dell

Tim

4. mrdale

mrdale Guest

5. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    The Lacie 321 seems to be great but it is "only" a 21" and not wide. I guess a Dual Setup with 2 Lacie 321 would be certainly the best but this is not an option for me a the moment.

Tomshardware.com Conclusion: "After testing these few panels, our conclusions haven't changed much. The Apple Cinema disappointed us, thus dispelling a myth. The ViewSonic VP231WB frankly didn't impress us, either. That leaves the Eizo FlexScan L997, an excellent monitor for graphics pros. But at a price of over $1,900, we'd recommend you make the more judicious investment in a LaCie 321 or NEC 2180UX. For CAD, we'd still recommend the Dell 2405FPW."

6. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    How about the Eizo S2410W. Does anybody has any experience with it. Seems to be the best out of the bunch with the best response time and overall image quality with 5 years warranty