Dell 27 inch touchscreen monitor

I am interested in buying a 27 inch touch screen monitor, and I see that dell is offering one. Does anyone have one, and what do you think of it. I think it is a 14T27 but I aam not sure Thanks for any suggestions

Apart from running your OS (Windows 8?) I am not sure what use such a monitor will be. Do you have specific applications that you feel will benefit from a touch screen?
AFAIK you will have to have an application that is designed for touch screen use and at the moment that rules out both Photoshop and Lightroom.

This will be used with a windows 8 machine. I already have a Mac Mini with an Apple 27 inch Thunderbolt monitor that I use with Photoshop and Lightroom.I dont ;ike emularing a Windows machine on the Mac so I have a Lrnovo Ideapad ultrabook. Also I have a vision problem (macular degeneration) so the big screen is a necessity. Windows 8 needs a touchscreen in my opinion to be useful

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I expect you know this but I find the single most useful tip for making screens easier to see - when using a browser, is to hold down Ctrl and press + a few times. Ctrl and 0 to return to normal.

Real Name
Randy
i am surprised they make touch lcd-s this large
my 27" has to be far enough back to see it and then it's too far to touch it, or at least often anyway

Good to hear that you are finding the large touchscreen of great benefit

Yes, with my vision problem it is great. My Lenovo Yoga 13 inch has a fantastic screen similar to the mac retina but it is too small for me. It is a pain to keep magnifying it. The 27 inch Dell though fills the bill,

Last edited:
Real Name
Randy
Yes, with my vision problem it is great. My Lenovo Yoga 13 inch has a fantastic screen similar to the mac retina but it is too small for me. It is a pain to keep magnifying it. The 27 inch Dell though fills the bill,

interesting, so your sight is such you need the lcd close (enough to touch).....I hadn't considered that. For me I need special glasses (in between my far and near prescriptions) to see the LCD

Latest threads

Top Bottom