Dell Deal on Sigma lenses

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Chad Gladstone, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2005
  2. I looked there after reading the dpreview. The prices are good I'm looking at the 180 micro. Sigma4less has about the same price. BUT niether location say's if they are USA or Gray Market. After looking at Sigma4less the lenses had a 1 year warranty USA lenses have a 1-Year Worldwide Warranty + 3-Year Extended USA Warranty. Sigma4less is gray
    Since Dell makes no comment I would check to see what they offer. Not saying Gray market is bad but service can be an issue. Is 3 years extended worth 100+ :confused: I don't know but know what you are getting :smile:
    B&H always let you know which is which

Rich

3. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    try digitalfotoclub.com good prices and most of the sigmas are US..

Tim

4. I highly doubt it is gray market, when mine arrives I'll let you know. The last one I bought was from buy.com and it was definately gray. I have purchased a couple of canon lenses from Dell and they were both US. Sigma used to have a policy of extending warranties on all EX lenses, whether US or gray, but there is some dispute as to whether this policy still exists. If it comes and it is gray, I agree, it is probably not worth the risk - I just hate overpaying for lenses.