Demb flash bracket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 7, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Does anyone use this? Does it fold in half so it'll fit in a camera bag? What are your thoughts on this flash bracket?
    Thanx

2. Demb makes quite a few products , can you specify the exact one or provide a link ?

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
  4. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    I use one of his brackets and really like it. Easy and quick to change orientation. Only problem I've noticed is sometimes the bolt it pivots on becomes a little loose, I keep a wrench in my bag to tighten it. It's lightweight and folds up to a convenient size for storage.

5. I use it and it works fine. The nut refered to is a nylon stop nut which I adjusted once and works great. Mr. Demb will also answer any questions on his product in a timely manner as opposed to other companies.

6. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Great thanx. I was really looking for something that I could fold and stick in the bag. I have a CB Jr, and I never take it with me. I'm gonna give the Demb a try, and sell the CB Jr.

7. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    I have an older model bracket and love it. The ony thing I can't seem to do is use it on a tripod. Gotta rig up some atttachment to go between the bracket and QR plate. Haven't really played with it much to figure out where I'm going wrong.

8. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I guess he fixed that problem. On the site it say you can atach it to a tripod

9. I have it and love it, you won't be disappointed!

10. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    I have one, but have not used it much, since I just recently got it. It seems to be made fairly well. It will probably fit in a bag (depending on the size of your bag), but it does not "fold up". The main thing I like about it, is that it keeps the flash properly oriented when shooting either horizontally or vertically. In other words, the flash is is always sitting "upright", and is not tilted 90 degrees on it's side when shooting vertically. I feel this gives you more flexibility when it comes to bouncing the flash. One drawback, is that the bracket does not raise the flash much higher than the actual hot shoe, when shooting in the horizontal mode. This is especially true for a "tall" camera like the D2X or D3. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.

11. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I have 2 of one DEMB model, one for each SB-800, and 3 of another DEMB model, one for each SB-400. The SB-800 bracket is a little hard to store, as it is a large, flat surface. As a result, I leave it at home most of the time. It functions very well; only complaint is the storage. It has a hinge, but does not begin to fold flat. The SB-400 DEMB bracket folds flat and remains on the SB-400 flash. t is fantastic!

DEMB introduced a newer bracket for the SB-800 after I bought mine. It articulates right to left as well as hinges. You might want to compare the two before you order either.

Excellent customer service; great company. Very fast answers to questions. Enjoy!

12. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC

John are you talking about the FLASH BRACKET or DMD FLIP IT?

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I am talking about the DEMB Flip It. Sorry for any confusion I caused. I use the RRS Perfect Portrait Flash Bracket.

14. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    No problem John. Thanx. I was going crazy looking at the Demb website looking for a secon flash bracket.