Denali NP landscape (updated)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Matt S, Jun 23, 2007.

1. One of the landscapes I liked. I tried this shot several different times over a couple of days and it was harder to find a good composition than you might think.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  2. Toklat

Toklat

Aug 31, 2006
    Alaska
    Hi Matt,
    I really like that grand sweeping gravel bar at Highway pass. Good saturation (the mountains look like chocolate).

3. That is a nice shot. Good job.

4. jfriend

jfriend

Nov 11, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I very much liked your shot of Denali. When we were there, it never came out of the clouds.

I played with your image a bit in Photoshop to enhance the color and contrast. If you'd like to see what can be done with it, just let me know and I'll share my edits.

5. Sure go for it. I would like to see what you got.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I would try shadow/highlihts on it and see what is lurking in them thar hills:>)))

You copy write i s easy to remove:>)))))

That is a beautiful landscape shot

7. Gale and John, you have both just helped me figure out that I needed to calibrate. When two folks talked about it being dark I thought, huh?, then I got out the calibration puck. It is a little dark. As are some of the other shots from my trip. Time to go fix them. Thanks

8. Photo updated and copyright moved. Thanks everyone.

9. jfriend

jfriend

Nov 11, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Here's a modification I did. Increased contrast and color in LAB mode and adjusted overall brightness. Darkened sky with a red channel blend. Used shadow/highlights to pull back a little detail from the shadows. Sharpened. The one is purposefully strong as an illustration of the color and detail in the image and you could dial back the opacity over the original to suit your own taste. Because I was working from a smaller image, some JPEG artifacts are visible at the sky boundary, but those wouldn't be there if working from the original. Nice image, BTW.

[​IMG]

And the original:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats the ticket John:>))))

11. mycom

mycom

Apr 24, 2006
    Isn't that spot called "Kodachrome Basin" ??