1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Denny Manufacturing

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Tom Swaman, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Does anyone have any experience with backdrops made by Denny Manufacturing? Their pricing is several fold higher than any others that I have seen. Yes, I know they are legitimate, but are their backgrounds that much better to command two to four times the price of others?

I am looking for a special grass green mottled background and probably two of these. Denny's price in two 8 X 10s to 10 X 12 would cost $around $1,000 in their freedom cloth muslin. WOW, this seems high.

Any help or comments would sure be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

2. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I have one from denny's that I got on ebay for about 100 bucks. it is ok quality, but that was about 6 - 7 years ago. Personally I only buy backgrounds from silverlake now. Quality is outstanding.

Dan

3. Dan.

Thank you ever so much. I will look into Silverlake. I got a custom swatch from Denny on their Freedom Cloth. I am underwhelmed and doubly underwhelmed for the price.

Best regards,
    Tom

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Dan,

Your advice was wonderful. I contacted Silverlake, told them what I needed, received their swatches faster than promised since i needed two custom backdrops. I received the swatches and bought two backdrops at very excellent prices. I am most impressed with Silverlake and shall continue to use these folks. Bu the way, I looked at over 30 other suppliers first and actually tried to buy from two other companies whose follow-through was poor ay best.

Thanks again, Dan.

Best regards,
    Tom

6. I have to agree with Dan and Tom, SILVERLAKE is simply the best!!!!

I have many and have sold a few, and regretted each one that I sold!

Go get 'em... You will not be sorry!

Oh and tell Brooke & Travis, I sent ya!!! LOL!!! They are sooooooo cool!

7. Dan'l,

One more addition to the Silverlake story is the rather great fact that they do their own painting and this meand, MADE IN USA!!!!!

Best regards,
    Tom

P.S. These folks are courteous and they also do what they say! I have dealt with Travis and Paula. I do not know Brooke. Their talent to please their customers is unsurpassed and their policies are fair and wonderful.

8. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Tom,

Glad they were able to help you out. I have a total of 6 backgrounds from them now.

Dan

9. Thank you again, Dan. I have now bought three backgrounds from them on two different occassions and it only gets better. Their quality is great for their price and they sure are people oriented.

Best regards,
    Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.