Denton Art & Jazz Festival - added a couple more

The wife and I went to this Saturday - fantastic music and headlining that evening was one of my fav bands ever - The Blues Brothers. Here's a sampling from the day.

Good Shive Low Band
8693382391_1a4e0230c9_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P4273443.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

Enjoying the music
View attachment 1181596
P4273597.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

View attachment 1181598
P4273420.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

The Fingerprints Band
View attachment 1181599
P4273618.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

View attachment 1181600
P4273754.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

View attachment 1181602
P4273752.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

Pretty girl
View attachment 1181604
P4273813.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

and of course - The Blues Brothers
View attachment 1181607
P4274082.jpg by Michael Presley, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the one of the guy playing the Selmer alto, because he's taking a breath. Hardly anyone ever shoots off the beat. Something about keeping time with the shutter button, but the best visuals are often off the beat.

I love the one of the guy playing the Selmer alto, because he's taking a breath. Hardly anyone ever shoots off the beat. Something about keeping time with the shutter button, but the best visuals are often off the beat.

Thanks Bruce - you should hear this guy play, a fantastic band!

Nice series, Mike. "Pretty Girl" is wonderful with the backlit hair and the reflection of the phone!

Nice series, Mike. "Pretty Girl" is wonderful with the backlit hair and the reflection of the phone!
Thanks Tri - the light on the phone is her "flash" - she was taking a picture of her friend.

Very cool. Was it Aykroyd and Belushi?
Well, I would have been pretty surprised if it was John (Belushi) since he died in '82 :biggrin: and I don't think Aykroyd tures with them anymore. The front men's name I didn't recognize but they did a pretty good job - the original Jake and Elwood were definitely better. Steve "The Colonel" Cropper on guitar and "Blue" Lou Marini on sax were original members of the band there that night. It was an exciting and fun experience!

Great shots! You captured the feeling of the experience.
I appreciate that

Thanks Tri - the light on the phone is her "flash" - she was taking a picture of her friend.

Well, I would have been pretty surprised if it was John (Belushi) since he died in '82 :biggrin: and I don't think Aykroyd tures with them anymore. The front men's name I didn't recognize but they did a pretty good job - the original Jake and Elwood were definitely better. Steve "The Colonel" Cropper on guitar and "Blue" Lou Marini on sax were original members of the band there that night. It was an exciting and fun experience!

Of course not John, but, Jim is Zee and still somewhat active, I thought.

Of course not John, but, Jim is Zee and still somewhat active, I thought.

I knew you didn't mean John of course - Jim wasn't there Saturday - to bad. It would have been fun to have John Goodman made a cameo as well.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom