Denver CO

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Gazruss, Jul 10, 2008.

1. So, it appears i am going to Denver on a business trip for a week in about 2/3 weeks time. Somewhere i have always wanted to go, but have never been. Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on where to go in my spare time to take some nice landscape/area's of interest shots, Will be there from Monday morning until Friday evening, I will have a rental car, and maybe have from 2:pm onwards each day to do some traveling.....

Any suggestions???

Thanks

2. Hemigod

Hemigod

Jan 12, 2008
    Anchorage
    Hit up the Zoo and the Botanic Gardens.

Great photo ops at both places there. Had a blast at both places.

3. You can drive up I-36 to Boulder and see the Flatirons above Chautauqua Park, or head over to Red Rocks/Morrison area for similar rock formations.

Sean

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    From Boulder you could go west into the foothills and up to Nederland. Turn north and take the peak to peak hi-way into Estes Park. Its a bit of a drive though. I will be camping up there with the family this weekend. :smile:

You could also go to Colorado Springs and see the Garden of the Gods or drive up Pikes Peak. :smile:

The Denver Zoo is good, and the Botanic gardens isn't bad, but I think the flowers have already peaked this year.

I will keep thinking and add them to the list.

5. Go south on Santa Fe Trail to County Line Road and follow it to Cheesman resevoir and Follow the signs to Arrowhead Golf Course. Spectacular golf Course set among upright Red Sandstone.

Or Drive south to Colorado Springs and visit Garden of the Gods

6. Thanks for all the replies...i am putting them on a list...

again...Thanks

G.