Critique Desert Snow

We had some rare snow in Tucson a few days ago. The action was on the other side of town from me and by the time I had a chance to get over there, any snow not at elevation was mostly gone, but I still managed some great shots of the Catalina's with snow as the day progressed:

#1:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:

#3:

#4: and the shot I waited for

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

All are nice because of their own different characteristics but I especially like the first one for its layers, each layer with such individualistic content, the various degrees of texture in those layers, and the saguaros in such nice light.

nice.. we use to live in Tucson... on the road out towards Mt. Lemon way...
We enjoyed it, it was 1981 and you could buy a brand new home for $50,000...
thanks for bringing back the memories... we use to walk around the Mineral show that should be going on right now.. that was always fun

nice.. we use to live in Tucson... on the road out towards Mt. Lemon way...
We enjoyed it, it was 1981 and you could buy a brand new home for $50,000...
thanks for bringing back the memories... we use to walk around the Mineral show that should be going on right now.. that was always fun
Thanks for the comment. Well I sure wish I could have paid that for my house. The mineral show doesn't really get going for a few more weeks, but it is quite the show. Mount Lemmon is always great. It's funny though. Whenever I finalize the photos from a shoot, I always look back to see what I shot a year or two or three (etc.) prior, and almost a year to the day from when I shot these snowy photos, I was taking pictures on the top of Mount Lemmon in complete comfort (shorts and a t-shirt). Last winter was warm, this one has been pretty cold so far. Go figure.

Thanks,

Dave