Desolation & Beauty - Mammoth Hot Springs & Jenny Lake / Tetons

SLOWLY but surely, I'm working on the 2,000 pictures I took during my 2 week vacation out west to the Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, Tetons, Rocky Mountain NP, Denver & Kansas City.

For now, here's a few from Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone and a few from the Grand Tetons NP.

First the desolation...

i-L8DcvLp-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-bDRp83Q-L.jpg

i-6xRzPzt-L.jpg

i-DDmRcgN-L.jpg

That set of photos sort of fits my BLAH mood right now...

i-DHgV8Q4-S.jpg

And now for the beauty....Jenny Lake in the Grand Tetons NP

i-8CCV9Kv-L.jpg

i-D7gQLnr-L.jpg

If I remember right this one is Jackon Lake, on the way in to the park from the north. What appears to be a wild sunflower (helianthus?) of some sort caught my eye because someone I know really likes sunflowers, so I had to stop for this. :) I really could have used a split ND filter for this...so it's not so great.

i-kGngC64-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Jon, wonderful set. I hope you post a bit more of those 2000!
Very hard to say here which one is the best for me. I like the desolation in the first ones, but the mountains are beautiful also.

Beautiful set Jon! That next to the last one just before the sunflowers .... That one's a beauty. Wish I was there right now.:smile:

Beautiful set Jon! That next to the last one just before the sunflowers .... That one's a beauty. Wish I was there right now.:smile:

Thanks! That scene is right off the parking lot on the road that goes to the Jenny Lake visitor center. It's a really pretty area.

Jon, wonderful set. I hope you post a bit more of those 2000!

Thank you. I've never had this many photos to sift through so it'll take awhile, but I'll have more ready eventually. Having so many to deal with, it tends to make you want to hurry everything up and not give the photos the attention they deserve to bring out the best in the image....but I'm trying.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
I've never had this many photos to sift through so it'll take awhile, but I'll have more ready eventually.

Don't hurry, that should be your guideline! Last year I had about 3500 shot from a two week holiday. Took me about two months to choose and pp the set I wanted.
And still when I now look at the rejects, very hard word to choose!

Working on all the geyser photos and more too. I have some reading and so on to do this evening but I'm going to keep working on these too when finished with other things. I have plenty of the mandatory Old Faithful shots like this one.

i-zRmPs9q-XL.jpg

And of course it wouldn't be Yellowstone without bison on a foggy morning crossing the river in the Hayden Valley...

i-qbC62K5-L.jpg

Can't do my reading until later so until then, still working through the pictures. I have to say, I'm liking what I'm seeing. These are a few steamy bison boys outside the Lake Yellowstone hotel where I was staying. I was surprised to learn it got down near 40 at night, even in mid July (when I was there)...thus the steam rising off the warm bison.

i-gHMNrwm-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom