Desperate to take a pic of something...anything. Ergo...Chirashi dinner is shot.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vernon t, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Soooooooooooo........just before consumption a few minutes ago...................................
    Anybody else ever shoot a picture just because it has been too long since you've shot a picture.

Sushi Zushi Chirashi. Who says Texans only eat beef?

I see at least eleven of Gods creatures represented here. Seven of her plants too. Oh, one petroleum product.
    PETA, get over it. It is no accident that we possess digestive enzymes for the flesh of God's living creations:smile:.

I didn't even take my camera out of the case this weekend.
    That is totally unacceptable. So, now I've remedied that situation.

Dreary weather.
    The dreaded Xmas-light-up-putting-ritual.
    A plethora of honey-do's time occupiers.
    Gotta' shoot something............

If you log onto www.sushizushi.com and order the Chirashi and click "delivery" this is what shows up at your front door thirty minutes later accompanying a smiling tip-seeking high-school senior performing his weekend job duties.

Colorful and quite delicious if you like such things. I do.

D2X, 45mm 2.8p SB800 bounced off white bedroom curtain.:biggrin:

2. I know the feeling. I will start shooting images of just about anything just to keep the search for imagery in my head. But what happens to me more often is I obsess over a particular subject for an unreasonably long time. Your dinner might not make a good subject as it won't be around very long. I'd end up eating sushi every night for a week!

Nice shot, though I'd only eat about half of the critters I see there.

3. mmmmm - too bad I'm out of delivery range

I know what you mean, I get that urge all the time. My target is usually one of my many cats.

Your shot is much better than the one on the restaurant's menu page - you should talk to them about re-shooting it for them.

Don

4. Nice image but like the commercial says you could run this all through a grinder or you could drink one glass of Florida orange juice. :biggrin: Only kidding of course. Very colorful and interesting image.

5. Yummm. That's some tasty looking sashimi, Vernon! I'm very partial to maguro, sake, and tamago.

6. You're killing me, Vernon. I haven't had lunch yet.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice image,
    But i ain't eaten it....:>)))))

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You story sounds so familiar

First of all, I want to tell you I really enjoy your stories that accompany your pics. How are the ribs, btw? :confused:
    I can really empathize with your lack of recent picture taking activity. Happens to me regularly too. You must get your pixel fix or you feel out of sorts. The shot looks good enough to eat, but that's the whole point right? :rolleyes:

btw, per your recommendations for Xmas ideas, I just ordered three of those Inova flashlights in different sizes. You're so right, you never know when you might need some proper illlumination!!

9. Ooooo, one of my favorite dishes. I also find that Sushi / Sashimi is a great subject for pictures. Well done here!

10. I'm in a similar fix sometimes, but I got my baby now :smile:

Although I'm not really a fan of sushi (because it looks like a dessert and tastes of fish), looking at your pic, Pavlov would have been pleased with me :smile:
    Cheers

11. One thing for sure.....no one is on the fence about sushi.

I put this shot up as the wallpaper in our nurses' work computer.

Reactions are divided:

A. Yeeeecccchhhh!! Ughhh. How can you eat that stuff.:eek:
    B. Yummy. That makes me hungry. I want that for lunch!:tongue:
    C. Neutral reaction. (Non-extant).

Interestingly (and not surprisingly) some of the most repugnant reactions are from those individuals who might be best served by biggy-sizing a bit less often, San Antonio suffering from the chronic tortilla-poisoning such as it does.:wink:

BTW...all that sashimi for $15 is quite good deal.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    hummmm was wondering which way the would was going to tilt :>))

13. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    That image has the reverse effect on me -- I want to put the camera away and go eat.:smile: