Critique Dessert Dish

I displayed a photo of a broken dish with a black background at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/before-and-after-the-glass-dish-was-broken.319441/ , The photo below is of the paired set of dessert bowl and its dish.

Setup
The tabletop is white presentation board. A medium continuous-likght lamp shining through translucent white plexiglass lit the scene from the rear. That lighting outlined the glass in a mix of dark and bright tones. The image was desaturated to eliminate colorful prismatic refractions.

Mike 2019-11-15--003-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Binnur!

I think it needs rotating clockwise a bit, if my eyes are not wrong.
Far be it from me to ever question your eagle eyes! I was actually wondering if you would notice that. That's because the image seemed that way to me also, but when I rotated it just ever so slightly it seemed that the first position was better. I have no idea what's going on with it!

Thanks, Binnur!

Far be it from me to ever question your eagle eyes! I was actually wondering if you would notice that. That's because the image seemed that way to me also, but when I rotated it just ever so slightly it seemed that the first position was better. I have no idea what's going on with it!
Then, it might be related to your shooting angle Mike. Both sides don't seem symmetrical to me. May be you didn't stand right in front of the image , may be you were slightly on the LHS. But never mind...no one noticed except me ;)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom