Detoit Tigers win on Saturday

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by steveking, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Hey,

I thought I'd share a couple of favorites from Saturday night's Tigers win against those pesky KC Royals.

175704165-M.

[​IMG]

175703375-M.

175705087-M.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

175705949-M.

175707041-M.

175706188-M.

[​IMG]

2. PROOF TOO BIG! Pics a bit small

Otherwise I think they are pretty good, appear sharp? Hard to tell..

3. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    a couple???

no offense, Steve. but the SM 'proof' WM is annoying.

4. nice shots. shame about the watermark.. whos gonna steal these? i think you're flattering yourself here. though they are quite nice.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are some nice shots Steve, interesting bokeh on the first. You were successful in capturing some nice action, especially Magg's broken bat. Can I assume that most were taken with the 400mm?

6. Frank,

Thanks, the bokeh in #1 was what I was hoping for, in that light it can be pretty cool looking. And all were taken with the 400mm, so I was pretty close on with a few like the throw shot #7.

As far as the SM mark "PROOF" it has to be there since these shots CANNOT be sold due to MLB rules, only used for editorial reasons and I don't want to be blacklisted no matter what. I've seen where some sites and individuals have stolen content and it gets traced back. I can't risk that so that annoying SM is there. The originals are there so the size shouldn't be an issue on viewing, oh well. Also, sorry that it's so large, that's what SmugMug has available, and my custom watermark there just isn't working for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  7. Very nice series Steve. Bokeh in #1 is excellent, love the expression you captured in #7. Nice color throughout. I'm jealous of the great vantage point!

8. These rock Steve! Agree, bokeh in #1 is sweet. I love the turn-back-the-clock jerseys. Very cool :smile:

9. who's 'proof'? JK Steve, great shots. Was it a nostalgia day? I don't remember KC wearing those uniforms when they were in Boston last week...

10. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    understood. :biggrin:

11. Last weekend was honoring the Negro Leagues teams and players. Prior to Friday's game the Tigers dedicated a plaque to the Detroit Stars "Turkey" Stearns, one of the greatest Negro League players of all times. He had a .357 career average!

So the Tigers were wearing the uniforms of the Detroit Stars, and the Royals were wearing the uniforms of the Kansas City Monarchs, the team that Satchel Paige played for. They were sweet looking uni's weren't they?

As long as I post MLB, or any pro league shots I can do so for "personal promotion" but must protect the images even though I hold the copyright, so they aren't used "without the explicit prior consent of the Detroit Tigers and Major League Baseball".
    Is that "proof" enough for you? :) HA! I'm really glad you like these, and I truly appreciate all the positive feedback too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  12. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Steve , great shots, nice action and colors and you gotta love the retro uniforms

13. Thanks Mark, yeah with all the action going on you really couldn't take an inning off or you'd miss something. And those Negro League throwback uniforms were sweet, kind of made everyone look old school and gave the game a real "homey" feel to it. I really appreciated the pre-game awards and festivities too.

14. Nice series great job on these love the first one

15. Thanks Mike, that means a lot coming from you! Now if I could only get that background in every picture... ah to dream.

16. nice but that watermark is too much distraction

17. Yeah I know Randy, but I have to do it, sorry. Read my reasons in my post yesterday at 1:08pm.

18. i post pro stuff here alot...if someone steals and sells it's not our responsiblity.....and why not a smaller WM at the bottom

[​IMG]

19. Nice pic, good idea. I'm just being lazy at the moment because I can't figure out how my watermark file is broken for the posts on SmugMug. I'll probably look into that n the next week to fix it. Once that's done I'll fix these and all subsequent posts. Thanks for lighting a fire under this one! :)

20. Gmas

Gmas

Mar 22, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Love the expression in the rundown pic!