Detroit Photo Shoot

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by dbirdsong, Aug 11, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hi Everyone in Michigan.
    I am going to be doing a photo shoot on Aug 28 at Greenfield Village in Dearborn Michigan with the Michigan Apple Users Group (I am the VP of the group)
    We will be gathering at the front of the village between 9:30 and 10:00 am and we will be spending the day taking pictures of American History.
    The main reason I picked that day is because Greenfield Village is hosting the old fashion baseball world series that weekend with teams from all over the US. To me the highlight is going to be Baseball Hall of Fame announcer Ernie Harwell is going going to be doing the play by play that day.
    Please plan on joining me at Greenfield Village that day.
    In case of Rain, we will visit the Henry Ford Museum instead. (same parking lot)
    To the web site here
    http://www.thehenryford.com/

If you are planing attending please let me know via PM or Email (dave AT davebirdsong.com)

2. Dave, I'd love to join you, but I'm driving to St. Louis, MO that day on a business trip. Hope you have a great time, and I sure would like to hear Ernie call a game again.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cancel your plans Scott!! :)
    To be honest, I wish I were going to St. Louis.. I would love to photograph the Arch and other stuff downtown.

Dave

4. I may be interested. We were just at Greenfield Village a couple of weeks ago and really wanted to see a ball game...we ran out of time though. Have you ever had occasion to call Gleaners Food Bank? Ernie Harwell does the message that you get when you call their main number. I volunteer with them, and it always makes my day when I call up and hear Ernie's voice :)

I'll let you know for sure about the 28th. TBH I have a hard time doing anything at 9:30 on a Sunday morning...that's my lazy day!....but it would be awesome to see the world series.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey Sommer, if you want I will give you my cell phone number so you can contact me once you get there to find out where we are at...
    It would be really cool if you could make it...

Dave

6. Dave...last year the company I work for had their summer regional meeting in St. Louis. We stayed at the hotel in Union Station and walked down to the Arch. I'll post some shots sometime. St Louis is a cool place and I get out there about once a year.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Just a reminder about the photo shoot next Sunday.. I hope some of the Michigan folks can make it.

Dave