Detroit Tigers 2nd home game

Hey,

Some from Saturday's game.

1 - Sliding into the tag
1245873688_7PtXm-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - The ball is barely in the mitt when he touches it, thus tagging himself out!
1245873914_2rwzp-L.jpg

3 - and show 'em the ball and get the punch out!
1245876825_65pmA-L.jpg

4 - Arguing the call
1245883059_JhZjc-L.jpg

5 -
1245878125_iisc2-L.jpg

6 - Sorry for the watermark, I'm changing it very soon.
1245878489_zRoea-L.jpg

7 - V Mart tries to warm up on a 47 degree day.
1245878521_Mibyv-L.jpg

8 - Eyes closed catch of a fly ball. Wasn't there a thread about this earlier? :wink:
1245879626_ZWpak-L.jpg

9 - Maybe a BOB, not sure
1245882969_9PGQc-L.jpg

10 - Fans cheer Maggs AB in the Eighth
1245883270_9PHYA-L.jpg

great stuff Steve, looks like some great lighting...despite the cold.

Thanks Chris, yes good light since they were both afternoon games, that was a nice thing except for the cold! Wouldn't you know it was 82 here today and I wasn't there!? Tomorrow is supposed to be 65 at 12noon and dropping with 30% chance of rain and guess what? I'll be there!! :mad:

I really like number 3 and 9. Great shots!

What glass were you using?

Using the 200-400 f/4 for the first ones of the play at the plate, and also the 70-200 for some plate shots and into the dugouts, #'s 5, 6, 7, 9, 10.

Do they utilise TV replays for the calls? It's now been introduced into rugby and cricket.

Nice timing on 9, or do you machine-gun it?

Looking good Steve...my how I miss shooting baseball. I'll have to try to make it to a game or two this summer. I have to get my little one to like baseball, although he's a bit young to understand it now (only 6 weeks old!). Keep 'em coming!

Looking good Steve...my how I miss shooting baseball. I'll have to try to make it to a game or two this summer. I have to get my little one to like baseball, although he's a bit young to understand it now (only 6 weeks old!). Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Dave! I'll keep posting just for you... get out there and don't miss the game for anything OK? You can never start 'em too young. I was taken to a ladies night game when I was only a month old and look how well I turned out! :smile:

Do they utilise TV replays for the calls? It's now been introduced into rugby and cricket.

Nice timing on 9, or do you machine-gun it?

No TV replays for these calls, sorry, I don't think that will happen any time soon.
I've never had a shot like this that wasn't the first shot of a series, and I still shoot the series to get good follow through images. Remember to always shoot through the action to get everything captured.

No TV replays for these calls, sorry, I don't think that will happen any time soon.
I've never had a shot like this that wasn't the first shot of a series, and I still shoot the series to get good follow through images. Remember to always shoot through the action to get everything captured.

Thanks for the advice, good to remember.

Always love your color and saturation. How do you manually set your white balance?

For these games I don't set a manual white balance since the lighting was pretty much just cloudy, so that's what I use. Yesterday was full sun, so I used that setting. They work well for those purposes, but inside in fluorescent and dim lighting I use a custom WB by using a 18% gray card, or my trusty white coffee filter, its MUCH cheaper and less troubling when you lose or ruin it. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom