Detroit Tigers walk off winner

Now this one was actually exciting!

1 - Brad Penny warming up
1250080802_Z4FEs-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - The beginning of the exciting play at the plate. Note: ball going in glove AND BOTH 3rd baseman and catcher under it, NO ONE is covering the plate!
1250083075_CM6iF-L.jpg

3 - Josh Hamilton tries to be aggressive and "steal" a run but V Mart tags him out.
1250083091_HMRG3-L.jpg

4 - YER OUT!!
1250083765_UXv53-L.jpg

5 - and then literally out of the game since with this slide Josh Hamilton broke a bone in his shoulder and is out 4-6 weeks! Ouch.
1250085794_kKyjT-L.jpg

6 - Ouch
1250087808_GjaWg-L.jpg

7 - Cabby tossing the helmet for the post game jube after the bases loaded single to win it in the bottom of the ninth!
1250097039_WcmUX-L.jpg

8 - bumming as he walks off too
1250097991_MDKsP-L.jpg

Interesting choices of H vs V orientation on these Steve. Any comments in that regard?

It was a strange play, and I got stuck with the 200-400 in my hand in vertical position. I wish I had it horizontal for that play for sure. I got the action and the focus so I'll take it, especially with a bang bang play coming at you, and thankfully I wasn't blocked like the guy was just to my right, he had player butt in his viewfinder!

Wow that does suck for Hamilton... big loss. That series is captured very well, regardless of V/H orientation... great timing.

Yeah that does suck, he's got loads of talent and just shouldn't be getting hurt like that.

Cool shots. It could just be me, but all your colors on your baseball sets seem really saturated. Do you do anything to the color in post?

Murph, my colors are bumped up a bit, and on my color corrected laptop and monitor they look pretty good. The one step bump up from center is the norm nowadays so I'm going with it so they sell better.

Murph, my colors are bumped up a bit, and on my color corrected laptop and monitor they look pretty good. The one step bump up from center is the norm nowadays so I'm going with it so they sell better.

Gotcha. Very interesting. Good to know!

Steve, really good series! I love 8 with the celebration going on in the background and the losing pitcher in focus... Well done!

Todd

Steve, really good series! I love 8 with the celebration going on in the background and the losing pitcher in focus... Well done!

Todd

Thanks Todd, I was actually thinking about getting this one and it worked out, blind squirrel and the nut this time around. :wink:

Gotcha. Very interesting. Good to know!

NP Murph, if you're using a MacBook like me, the built in color corrected profile makes the colors look pretty saturated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom