1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Detroit Zoo & new Sigma 150-500

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by apple1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Detroit Zoo las week with my new Sigma 150-500 OS HSM lens, some shots were posted in lens lust here are a few more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice shots - I have yet to get out to the zoo with my rig yet - maybe this weekend :) 

3. Very nice; look quite sharp. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea and head to my local zoo. Catching little birdies at my feeder is still too challenging with my new siggie 150-500.

Tiger #2 is nice - looks like he is hunting YOU! Love the parrots.

4. Nice shots. I agree, they look pretty sharp. Were these handheld? I just received my 150-500 last week and am still working on my handholding skills.

Michael

5. Happy with the shots and the lens, all were taken with the OS off and the rig mounted on my Bogen monopod. Have a few test shots taken in the backyard handheld with OS on and all turned out OK and am looking forward to trying with birds in flight, however when shooting with a lens this size I allmost always use a tripod or monopod for support.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.