Devilish caves...

...there's something down there, I just know it!!! Is it just me, or do you see these, too??? :eek:

The first one is from Mammoth Caves, and the second from Carlsbad Caverns... we just got done with a "caves of America" tour.

9157121964_be2632da0d_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frozen Niagra Tour074 by The Reptile Guy, on Flickr

9157114058_f198df0dc9_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DEL_0079 by The Reptile Guy, on Flickr

It's Smeagol...! :eek:

"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us.
Sneaky little hobbitses. GOLLUM, GOLLUM...!"

That's funny... we were just entering the Big Room in Carlsbad and the guy behind us was saying, "My precious"... :biggrin:

Real Name
Alex
Nice. I went to Carlsdbad many years ago, no camera at the time.

I plan to visit Florida Caverns in Marianna (near Tallahassee in November). Will bring tripod then.

I was pleasantly surprised and the photographer friendly atmosphere of both caves. Took the "Focus on Frozen Niagra" tour in Mammoth where the guide took us through the route, and then left us with about 2 hours to wander around, doing whatever we pleased... tripods encouraged for that trip, and that section of the cave features like 80% of the formations in the whole series. Did the self-guided tour through Carlsbad and had the tripod the whole time, not one problem (other than my 3 year old dropping his flashlight in one of the pools!!! :eek:)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom