Devon... an EX revisited lol

Discussion in 'People' started by Ping279, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Well looks like my ex girlfriend from at least 6 monthes ago has a new boyfriend. She asked me to take some pictures of her and her bf today. Here's a couple shots along with the gallery... the ones from today in the gallery are found at the bottom (wearing white/red striped shirt). Hope you enjoy! :biggrin:

http://www.pbase.com/ping279/devon

View attachment 16746

View attachment 16747

2. You're way too nice :eek: :confused:
    come on, where is the PS mustache on the new Boyfriend? I swear, we won't tell him... :cool:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ping,
    I like the second image. Very nice.

Say we are getting together for a little mini shoot 10.27 weekend. Gordon will be down and would like to get those interested to come on over to Viera and perhaps MWR.

Check out the thread going on the Merritt 2.5 shoot :>))post.
    Cheers

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice Work Ping! I really like the shots you've selected here. My only criticism is that, duuuude, you gotta start shooting a gray card if you're gonna shoot people! Balancing skintones after the fact is a b@tch! (esp when you shoot in jpg) Doesn't matter all that much when you shoot landscapes or flowers, but it does with people!
    I also really like this particular pose I picked out of the gallery. Hope you don't mind me having a play with it. I cropped it tighter, eliminateing the less flattering lower part, and attempted to color balance the skintones a bit. Hard to do since I really don't know what her skintones actually look like. But, I did feel they were too yellow. I adjusted it +10 Cyan & +10 Blue. Also attempted to brighten it up a bit moving the top slider in Curves left, the middle slider in Levels left, then hit it with *about* 5% Shadow/Highlights. Finally, I addded 30% and .04 USM. I'll get it down off my pbase soon. Tell me what you think of it.
    Original:
    Tweaked:
    View attachment 16749

5. I do like your edited shot better... I guess it's just that I try to never crop in PS, it makes me feel like i'm cheating :tongue: . But ya, I don't mind you editing my picture, I'm not going to be anal about that. I believe you will obey the ethics code of photogs.

You mentioned that her skin tones looked a little yellow... she actually does have a yellowish skin tone when she wears that makeup. She's half cuban so she does have that color to her. It's kind of hard for me to see the picture for all that it is at the moment because i'm on a laptop. Thanks for the tips BTW. To tell you the truth, I don't even know how to use a gray card haha. But I'm in a sense just getting into photography, compared to most people in this forum. I've been doing photography for about 3 years, only about a year and a half of it with my DSLR. I'm 18 right now so I still have a far ways to go.

This particular session wasn't going to be anything too special... I only had about 30 min or less to shoot. Thanks again for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  6. Nathan, you're a BIG Man... that's the way... right on...
    ...and great shots btw... :wink: