DG-2 For critical focus??

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BUCKEYE BIKER, May 7, 2007.

1. I posted this question earlier in the Cool Gadgets forum and haven't had any replies yet (hasn't been very long ago though). Not sure where this would be of more interest. Has anyone had any experience with the DG-2 magnifier on their D50 or equivilant viewfinder? I'm aware it is said to magnify the central portion of the viewfinder, so would not be good for general use. I would be primarily interested for manually focusing in macro using extension tubes or with extenders, in order to get best focus.

I have read the threads on the DK-17 and DK-21. I am more interested in maximum magnification.

Any experiences with the DG-2 would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  2. I have no or little experience with those magnifiers. I once used one on a Leica but gave up.
    IMO, for manual focussing it would be better to get a split screen.

Cheers

3. Thanks Harry, but if that is an option on the D50, I wasn't aware of it. I will look into it though.