Diagnosing iMac problem

Up and running with the new SSD. The old internal drive still shows up in Finder, but some of the files are corrupted. And it frequently pops up a warning that "Macintosh HD not safely ejected". That means , of course, that the OS can't find it temporarily.

Even though I had both a clone of the hard drive and a time machine backup, some files failed to transfer to the new SSD. We've found some and are copying them over with fingers crossed that the old drive doesn't die completely first.

One thing I can't find is sent emails from about a three week period. The inbox is o.k. since those files were still on the server and downloaded anew automatically. She uses Mozilla Thunderbird for mail, and it does a fantastic job of hiding the mailbox contents.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
One thing I can't find is sent emails from about a three week period. The inbox is o.k. since those files were still on the server and downloaded anew automatically. She uses Mozilla Thunderbird for mail, and it does a fantastic job of hiding the mailbox contents.
One thing I do is move Sent mail to Inbox and sort messages by Thread. Keeps entire conversations together and keeps all the mail on the server. You also can configure email to store Sent on the server as an alternative, but I find that creates issues on Google Mail.

Glad the new SSD is working well.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Is this with Thunderbird?
No, this is with Apple Mail. But when I was an Outlook user I did it there too, and I think Thunderbird can sort by "Conversation" or "Thread" (another word for conversation).

I used Thunderbird a LONG time ago. I cannot remember, but you might be able to configure it to put Sent mail into your Inbox vs in the Sent box. Then you never have to move it. I just goes into Inbox automatically. If you sort by Thread, everything is there in one place and on the mail server.

Latest threads

Top Bottom