Critique Diagonal Ovals

28 focus-bracketed images captured using a Tamron 90mm macro lens and a CamRanger Mini. Stacked in Helicon Focus.

Setup
Small continuous-light lamp was above the scene on the left. A white reflector was above the scene at a 45-degree angle.

Mike 2020-02-15--089-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
Very nice. I imagine you played with different working distances or focal lengths to determine exact composition and how many "ovals" to capture. I think you have chosen well. Just enough for context without being too busy.

Thank you to Bart (especially for recommending the home page feature), Binnur, Dave, Ron, Nick, Connie and Walter!

It's the perspective that makes the shapes appear as ovals; when viewed from directly above, they are perfect circles.

I have no idea whether it's obvious what the subject is. Do you know what it is?

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
Thank you to Bart (especially for recommending the home page feature), Binnur, Dave, Ron, Nick, Connie and Walter!

It's the perspective that makes the shapes appear as ovals; when viewed from directly above, they are perfect circles.

I have no idea whether it's obvious what the subject is. Do you know what it is?
Ooh ooh pick me pick me. Muffin pan.

Latest threads

Top Bottom