Diagonal Portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by misupix, May 29, 2007.

1. I tried to find a new angle....:wink:

original.

Please tell me honestly what you think! :redface:

2. I like it. Nice composition and beautiful model. Very peaceful.

3. Personaly, I like it a lot! (I like the way the curves of her face's outline stand out against the darker hair)

4. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Excellent, i love it!

5. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    too cool!!!

6. Very nice Michael. You left just enough room for your daughter to look into, all in all an excellent image.

7. Absolutely beautiful!! I like the smooth skin against the dark hair, I love the detail in her eye lashes, and I really like the composition.

8. Love it... what beautiful eyelashes!

9. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Now that is one truly outstanding photograph. Michael, this is what we all strive to accomplish.
    David

10. I like the perspective and pose, but there's no texture at all left in her skin, and no bone structure (eye sockets, cheekbones, chin) visible. It's an inverrted silhouette. To me, it feels more like an overexposed photo than a high key photo, and leaves me disappointed that I couldn't see the lovely model. Sorry, but thats' jmho.

11. Thanks for the feedback! The model and I are very flattered....:biggrin:

To give more info on the picture:

Captured with D200 + 17-55 @ 1/60s f/8.0 55.0mm iso200
    Lighted with a SB800 +1.0 EV (triggered wireless), fired into a "pimped" 60cm x60cm Softbox. from 10° to the right of the camera.

I found that when firing my flashes into softboxes (have a 80cm x 120cm too) I always need to dial in +1.0 to +1.7 EV in (i-TTL mode) to get proper exposure. I have no idea why but this way it works good? :confused:

Really, here on my freshly calibrated monitor, I have texture in the skin. Giving me all the structure there is. The "model" is 4 years old and has there fore very soft skin and structure.

To all: Please give me some feedback about exposure and regarding the skin texture. Maybe my calibration is off?

12. afx

afx

Jan 16, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    Me thinks this is just fine. Yes there is barely any texture, but enough for a childs face.

cheers
    afx

13. Stared at it half a minute, loaded into Gimp and played a bit. I would also say that the skin texture is barely visible (though it IS visible) and after playing a bit im Gimp I would say you may try to bring it out some more.
    I'm no PP expert, maybe it's a matter of how the channels are mixed for B/W?