Did an exotic car shoot this evening

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Steve S, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Met some car dealers at the lake who asked if I would photograph their cars. Naturally, I jumped at the chance. Shot with D2X/70-200VR.
    Classic (reborn) American Muscle Supercar, the '05 Ford GT:
    original.
    1/2 hr later, same settings:
    original.
    Italian Trash :wink: the '05 Lamborgini Gallardo
    original.
    More Italian Trash :wink: the '04 Ferrari Challenge Stradale:
    original.

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi steve-

lucky you to get to take some pictures of three sweet cars, and in a beautiful setting too.

ricky

3. That ferrari trash has the best design of the three. Since it's trash I can go and pick it up and I won't charge too much to help you get rid of it.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sweet Rides, Steve. Being a huge Ford fan...the GT is naturally a favorite...but I could certainly find room in the garage for the Lamborgini or Ferrari. About 15 years ago, a professional shooter was doing some commercial work a few blocks away with about 10 Lamborginis (Countach and Diablo) and several models clad in bikinis...one of those jobs that many of us only dream about. He placed the cars in a drive-in restaurant, soaked down the pavement to take advantage of the reflections, turned on the parking lights and had the models acting as car-hops around these beautiful cars. I have never seen the images ever since...but I bet they came out great.

Thanks for sharing the images, Steve.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, I ended up painting the grass

This was a for sale lot on the lake the was oriented on the west end, but the grass was pitifully brown to say the least. After this preliminary edit, I ended up painting it greener in PS using a brush and a green volor set to 40% opacity. Also, I would up color matching all the cars, since the sun's rays got very red near sunset. The prints turned out pretty sweet.
    I was offered a drive in the Lambo, but didn't have time, and was supposed to go for a ride in the GT today, but the guy didn't show up for it. I'll catch the GT guy next week.

6. Fine looking cars Steve and you have captured them well. I like what you did with the focus on #3 as this forces your attention onto the car. I also might try darking the background just a tad as well.

Now for my favorite image (and car) which goes to #4.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Any idea how I might do that, Gordon?

I do see what you mean now. The bg in #3 is quite a bit brighter than the rest of them.