Did I get a good deal? D100

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Nchesher, May 18, 2007.

1. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Well I've been looking for a second body for a while under $400 and think I found a winner. I bought a D100 body including MB-100 grip, battery, and charger, plus all cords for $380 shipped and paypalled. The body has 8k actuations. Was it a good deal? I was looking at old sales and have seen them go from $400 all the way to $700. Alot of the sales had alot of clicks. Just curious.

2. Nathan, I think you did good :smile: Remember that it was selling a few Kilo$s back in June 2002 :eek:

3. Great camera.....One I will never forget.

GenoP

Nikon D100 ,Nikkor 45mm f/2.8P
    5s f/8.0 at 45.0mm
    original.
    11-SEP-2003

4. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI

I saw that. It' quite shocking that someone would drop nearly $2k and sell it 4 years later for pennies on the dollar. This is to get me by until I get a D200 of course. I just don't between the D100 and my D70s which will be my primary body. They're very similar but the D70s does have it's advantages. I can't wait to try the D100 out. The selling point for me on it was the low shutter actuations. I have more on my 18 month old D70s.

5. Nathan, I think you did well there. I just purchased one just recently and enjoy shooting with it. It is a fine camera. You will enjoy it.

Have fun, George.

6. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Thanks. I thought I did get a decent deal. I think I jut needed to hear it from someone else.

7. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Bump for one more question. Are there any quirks I should know about the
    D100? Aside from no ITTL is it essentially a D70?

8. Write speed to the buffer is quite slow. You will not be shooting in Compressed Raw. It is not for fast action sports. Out of the camera photos will haved to be PP'd. D70s has it beat there as far as out of the camera. After PP'ing you will be fine. I am compairing to my friend's D70s photos.

Its still a great camera. I like mine a lot and shoot with it everyday.

These are just my observations, YMMV. Hope this helps.

George.

9. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Yeah I'll be shooting uncompressed. I only need maybe 5 or 6 continuous shots at most at a time. And that's rare. I do 98% portraits. Even with in cam sharpening are the SOOC shots still soft? I'll be PP'ing everything anyways so I'm not too concerned. I'm wondering if the D100 will end up as my D70s' backup or if it will be my primary body. I guess we'll see. Thanks for the help.