Did I mess up my warranties!!????

I purchased a d7000 kit with a 18-105 VR, an 70-300 VRII, and now I have a 18-200 VR. In all the excitement I just realized I failed to register all of the lenses within 10 days of my purchase for the xtended service coverage. i bough this several months ago.

Do I go ahead and send the registration card with todays date?
Do i go ahead and send in the registration card with the actual purchase date on it?

Or am I just screwed :frown:

I never registered any of my purchases. I don't think it matters.

Or did I just burn all my warranty too...?

Despite what is printed on them, those registration cards are not related to the extended warranty in any way. If you send your's in, it won't help you with a warranty claim. If you don't send it in, it won't hurt. In fact, Nikon Service has nothing to do with this, they can't (or won't) even look that info up. To get warranty service, you need to provide a receipt, and that is all you need.

The registration cards are used by Nikon marketing to devise marketing strategies to sell you more products. They printed this warranty stuff on the card to get people to send it in.

So you can send your's in or not, it won't matter. Nor does it matter at what time you send it in. If you do send it in, you might get some mailer from Nikon when they do Nikon school in your area and things like that.

if you have a warranty issue they will ask you for your original sales receipt, the card is for marketing purposes and mailings

(What if you sent in the card and it got lost in the USPS and Nikon never received)

Sorry guys one more question about a warranty card.

I am selling my 18-105 kit lens to a nice lady today (I hope) Would you give her a copy of the original receipt for the d7000 kit in case she ever has any problems with the lens? Or just have her let me send it in for any warranty repairs she may have later down the road ? I dont really know her but we both work for the same large organization and just happened to connect on Craigslist for the sale.I doubt there will ever be any issues. but I have never sold a lens before it was out of warranty and giving someone a copy of the cameras receipt seems strange.

Sorry for the long post
Thanks for all your help

I'd give her a copy of the receipt with your details blanked out. Also give her your contact info in case she needs some assistance getting warranty work.

I bought my 70-200 VRII in late January. Just sent it in for repairs. Filled out the registering paperwork online and sent in the warranty card last week.

They accepted it. I think they understand that we get so excited to shoot with our new equipment, sometimes we forget about the paperwork. :biggrin:

I bought my 70-200 VRII in late January. Just sent it in for repairs. Filled out the registering paperwork online and sent in the warranty card last week.

They accepted it. I think they understand that we get so excited to shoot with our new equipment, sometimes we forget about the paperwork. :biggrin:

Just curious, what happened to need repairs after only 5 months?

I believe you need the white warranty form AND receipt. At least that's what I needed when I sent a camera and as per the instructions on nikon's site and the warranty card itself. you can always call them and it is free if you want to make sure.

the 10 day limit isn't enforced and I think nikon's own service reps have stated so in their support forums. nikon apparently didn't bother to re-design the registration cards.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom