Did someone say Wild Turkeys?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PhotoByMark, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Just a comment: I love all the birds shots posted on this forum. I do have 2 types of birds that I see regularly. Hummers and these wild turkeys. Well, ok - These are wild turkeys are kind of domesticated now. That is, they for most part just hang out at my friends house. When I go down and visit and I always snap a few pics of them. Not much PP work on these and I took these without too much effort (main goal of the night to enjoy some cold refreshments) but, I dol enjoy taking pics of these birds. Hope you enjoy them too....

32797186_7eeb072dfa_o.

32797164_1e88a09756_o.

32797135_959293615c_o.

32797109_7c27a46a77_o.

32797087_3717e3d67b_o.

By sundown almost all of the turkeys are bedding down up in the trees and other structures. This one hangs out above the patio. It is interesting because once they bed down (or whatever you call it) in the trees you would not know they are there unless you look really hard for them. You can walk right by them and if not really close they will not move or make much noise - They are not as stupid as they appear. I will try to get a better pic of this in the near future for now here are a few of what I am trying to say.
    32797037_ff24b023da_o.
    32799424_b772cebbc4_o.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Mark. Until Gordon posted his, I don't think I'd ever seen Turkey pictures, and you have a flock that models for you. 8)

Your shots are cool because they show more details of the Wild Turkey anatomy than I've ever seen before (in addition to being good shots).

Thanks for posting these.

3. Thanks for the comments.

They love bread. And it is always fun to watch them to the gobble gobble thing. Funny part is when one does it - they all do it. I have been trying to get a good pic of this too.

4. Funny how such a large bird can be so good at hiding himself. Neat shots!

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice series, Mark! Amazing how some birds like to hide at night while others want to be more in the open for a quick getaway.